12.23.2010

Snow has fallen

Is it lame that I still like Dashboard Confessional? I don't think so. Brilliant Dance may still be on the top 5 song list of my life. I feel that it describes my teenage years that I often like to drift back to, just for a moment, then I come back to reality.
My boyfriend/fiance has decided to join the Navy. Yes, he wants to be a Navy Seal. This is a good thing. I'm actually happy about it, excited for him. It's been something we've talked about for two years, and he's finally decided to go with it. Just because I'm excited doesn't mean I'm not nervous, I'm quite nervous. I don't want to think of the bad things that could happen, I believe that thinking about what could happen, would just give them more opportunities to do so. We're getting married, though it already feels like we are. We share a bank account, an apartment, a bed, two cats, a car, two televisions, and the list could go on, but for time and my fingers sake I'll stop there. 

Right now I'm listening to the first song we made out to. I know it's personal, but this is my blog, if you don't enjoy what I write...stop reading. ;)

"Slow cheetah come before my forest,
Look like it's on today
Slow cheetah come, it's so euphoric,
No matter what they say"


This song takes me back to my freshman year of college. I kind of miss that time in my life, when all I really had to worry about was going to class and seeing my boyfriend. yeah. Things have definitely changed for the better. Sure i miss that time in my life, but now I have a job, an amazing guy that I get to wake up two every morning (amazing!), and two adorable cats. I don't have to depend on my parents or anyone else for a matter of fact, I like knowing that I can take care of myself, sure it's work, and yeah, it costs money but its worth it.

Christmas! Woo! I'm kind of excited. There isn't a whole lot of stuff I want this year, I've never asked for a lot of stuff anyways growing up. Sure there are things that would be nice to have, but I'm pretty content in what I already have. I'm not complaining, it's nice to get gifts. My favorite part (hold on tight, this is going to sound lame) is watching people open the gifts that you give to them. 

"Dirty South...can ya'll really feel me?" Stop judging me. I enjoy Aaliyah. So what?!
"If I let you know

You can't tell nobody
I'm talking bout nobody
Are you responsible?
Boy I gotta watch my body
I'm not just anybody
Is it my go, Is it your go
Sometimes I'm goody goody
Right now I'm naughty naughty
Say yes or say no
Cause I really need somebody
Tell me are you that somebody"


I suck with grammar. >_< Now that my gangster song is off, I can move on. :) It's also a bit odd that the next thing on my playlist is Strawberry Wine. No comment. Go ahead and judge me. ^.^

So back to the wedding stuff. We'll be getting married as soon as he gets back from basic training, and then right after that he'll be leaving for SEAL training. But after SEAL training is over, I'll be moving to a base or wherever the hell they have him posted. While he's in SEAL school I'll be finishing up my BA in Philosophy and Religion. I feel that my life is taking form, it's shaping and it's so nice to see some progress. <3 



 I want to leave you with is an excerpt from one of my Philosophy papers.
"The last thing I want to mention is Aristotle’s idea of friendship. This has really stuck out in my mind, and has given me the desire to contemplate the “friendships” and “connections” in my life. I used to try to be a people pleaser, I would do anything to have others like me, and I wanted to be their friend. But you can’t have hundreds and hundreds of friends, life really isn’t like facebook; Aristotle thought in your life you would only have a handful of friends. Friendship takes time to build, time, energy, love, and commitment. It’s hard to find friends who will always have your back, and that is the truth, through my life when I tried being a people pleaser, I never had true friends, and I allowed people to use me. I now know who my friends are; I have 4 or 5 people in my life who I am close to, who know my soul. Aristotle knew what he was talking about."


~T

No comments:

Post a Comment