1.19.2010

Anger


Do you ever find yourself wanting to be angry with others? People who have wronged you? I do. I feel like the world owes me something, that the people who wronged me, owe me something, all the while, I drag my thoughts and feelings of them through the mud beneath my feet. When I think about people who have wronged me, hurt me, or just traded me as a stock on the market, I feel rage, anger, hate, depressed, sad, lonely, hurt, and confused. I myself think I'm a wonderful person, but then I think, "In no way am I close to perfect", in no way have I been truly enlightened. Through all of my negative feelings, I still have these thoughts of compassion, how I need to let things go, and how "In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher." His Holiness the Dalai lama. This quote rings true to my heart, I need to be tolerant of others feelings, thoughts, and actions. I don't know their past, what they've been through, people who have wronged or hurt them. Likewise, they no nothing of my pains, in this understanding, I feel a peace, through all of my negative emotions, a peace comes over me, consuming my radiation of darkness, and replacing it with love, compassion, and understanding. This has really been a pressing issue with me lately, not knowing or really understanding why things have been the way they have for my entire life. Childhood, adolescent, and my young adulthood. But through everything that has happened to me, though I do not understand, I love those, who have hurt me, and I accept them as they are, just as I accept myself, just as I am. Sure there are things we all need to work on, work towards becoming enlightened, but before you can do that, you must first love yourself, and love others. The golden rule, to treat others as you wish to be treated. I for one, intend to make this my goal in life, to treat others, as I want to be treated.



Just some food for thought. 

with love,
~T
 http://z.about.com/d/gonyc/1/0/P/W/bbg_cherries_10.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment