1.30.2010

"I cant take my mind off of you"

Do you ever listen to a song, and just feel the lyrics, like you're flowing with them, you're emotions, thoughts, everything you have in you? That's how I feel listening to The Blowers Daughter by Damien Rice.

Speaking of music, iTunes is on shuffle, currently it's If I were a boy, which really isnt such a bad message. However the style isn't really my thing. To each his own. The lyrics are pretty empowering for women though.

Sharing Time: I opened up to my friends at the sleepover last night, gave them some insight to my thought process, and low self-esteem issues. One of my friends told me that I need to stand in front of the mirror every day, and say something I like about myself. I believe she said pick out a different thing each week. This week, it's my eyes. They're blue, like the sky...and the ocean. That makes me smile. 

Back to the party, we had TONS of food left over. I've called all of the people I know telling them I have amazing free food...and on one's interested. Makes me sad, I hate wasting food when there are people around the world, and in my own country who are starving. I really believe it's great that our country helps out other countries less fortunate than us, but we have our own people here in the United States who need our help as well. Children in the streets, starving, girls having to sell their bodies for a warm place to sleep at night. It's not right. 

"They say abortion will send you straight to a fiery hell
That is if the fanatics don't beat satin to the kill
It's not what I can do for anybody
It's what there body can do for me

Well I wanna see, I wanna see
What can you do for me?

They say that Jesus loves you
What about me"

What do you think about people who date/marry others who are several decades older then they are? I'm curious. 

"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax-- Of cabbages-- and kings-- And why the sea is boiling hot-- And whether pigs have wings.."


-Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment